October 24 at 8:10 am #1337
Hi Chuck – When I go to install it prompts me for installing Adobe Air which I click Yes, then it look slike it’s installing but at the end I get this error, A Download error occurred. Ty to download again?
Any ideas? Thanks, DonnaOctober 25 at 4:22 pm #1408
Hi Donna, sorry for the error. Below is some possible solutions. You can go to this webpage http://actionplanr.com/help/troubleshooting/ to get help.
Installer Does Not Work with Google Chrome, Manually Install:
- - You can use the Actionplanr Installer with Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Safari, or Opera. Go to actionplanr.com/installer using one of these browers.
- - Or follow the instructions on this page: actionplanr.com/installer-chrome
There is a bug in Google Chrome that broke our Actionplanr Installer. It also broke the software installers at many other companies. Adobe is working with Google to get this fixed. Hopefully sometime in November 2012.
Installer Does Not Work, Manually Install:
- Install Adobe Air by going to get.adobe.com/air/ (you may have to temporarily disable your antivirus software.)
- Once Adobe Air is installed. Download Actionplanr by click on: actionplanr.com/updateApp/Actionplanr.air,
- Once Actionplanr.air is downloaded, open it and then follow instructions on screen
If You Don’t Meet System Requirements for Windows PC:
The problem is most likely the version of Windows XP you have. You need to have Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher. The current version of Windows XP has Service Pack 3. You can learn how to install Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) by going to:
To keep your computer safe Microsoft recommends you run Windows XP with the lastest Service Pack (3) and have automatic updates turn on. The above link explains how.You can check which version of Windows you have by doing the following:
- Click on Windows Start Button
- Click on Run
- Type winver, and the press Enter
- Look for Version and Service Pack
- For detail instructions from Microsoft go to: windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows7/help/which-version-of-the-windows-operating-system-am-i-running
If You Don’t Meet System Requirements for Mac OS:
The problem is most likely you don’t have Mac OS Snow Leopard v10.6 or higher installed on your Mac.You can check which version of Mac OS you have by doing the following:
- From the Apple Menu, select About This Mac
- The resulting window shows your Mac OS version
- For detail instructions from Apple go to: http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/en/os_version.html
Actioinplanr Solo does not install on Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
If you are running Mac OS X 10.8 and try to install Actionplanr Solo you may see a message saying something like:
“Actionplanr Solo comes from an unidentified developer. Your security preferences are set to block installation of applications from unidentified developers”
This is due to Apple’s new ‘Gatekeeper’, which is intended to protect against malicious applications from uncertified and pirated app stores.
In the meantime you need to go into the Security & Privacy panel ( > System Preferences… > Security & Privacy). You will see the following:
Below “Allow applications downloaded from:” select “Anywhere” and then click Allow From Anywhere button to save. Next retry installing Actionplanr Solo.
By selecting Anywhere this will allow you to install software as you did before Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
November 15 at 3:38 pm #1477
- This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Chuck Horton.
OK it worked! I was using Chrome. Thanks!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.